flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AW: [FALCON] Bindable interfaces?
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2014 14:14:15 GMT

On 11/1/14, 6:25 AM, "Christofer Dutz" <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:

>Ok ... digging through the handling of Bindable metadata it seems that
>the code that was causing problems was redundant. The logic in
>ASCompilationUnit that changed the parent class of classes extending
>Object seems obsolete because even if commenting out the entire code in
>ASCompilationUnit binding stil seems to work.
>
>So I guess we should remove this particular piece of code from
>ASCompilationUnit. Probably this would also get rid of the problems I was
>having.

I would recommend find out where else the change to extend
IEventDispatcher happens, and then maybe Gordon/Darrell would have a
better opinion on how it should work.

>Well I tried to compare the generated outputs, but couldn't manage to
>keep the generated output.
>While looking for the reason for this, in
>flex-falcon/compiler/src/org/apache/flex/compiler/config/Configuration.jav
>
>I could see that the configuration of
>compiler.keep-generated-actionscript is marked as not supported and isn't
>implemented at all. I don't quite know how I should compare the output.

It is true that Falcon does not keep-generated-actionscript.  It generates
ABC directly from the AST.  That allows the opportunity to output ABC
patterns that don’t have true or readable AS equivalents someday.  I don’t
think that is done now, but think about tail-call optimizations and things
like that.

Maybe I wasn’t clear, but I’m trying to say that MXMLC is the gold
standard.  You want to compare MXMLC’s output with and without [Bindable]
and then teach Falcon to do the same.  Keep-generated-actionscript should
work there for a lot of it, but I would also use SWFDump -abc to see
things that aren’t apparent in the generated AS.

-Alex