flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: New Release Process (was: [DISCUSSION] TourDeFlex 1.2 RC 0)
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 08:06:50 GMT

> > That was very selective quoting ... I clearly state "the latest HEAD from
> > the release branch."
>
> So we would need to either alter existing CI jobs and add additional ones
> every time a release branch is made?

That is not at all what I wrote. Please read emails more carefully ... I
refer you to the recent discussion about email etiquette and include the
relevant part from my email that you missed:

"It takes very little effort for the release manager to set up a copy of
the build of the develop branch and point it to the release branch. [...]
Moreover, you have to do this only once, you can re-use that same build job
for future releases, simply by pointing it to the current release branch."

There are several people on this list that can help anyone who needs a new
CI job, but are not familiar with Jenkins. The release manager doesn't live
in a vacuum, he can and should call upon the community to help create the
best release possible.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software