flex-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: Flex SDK "dependencies"
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 18:48:24 GMT
> >>allow
> >>
> >> Don’t know for sure.  It appears it is used to add entries to an xml
> >> namespace without actually including the source in the SWC.  That allows
> >> us to have mx:ArrayCollection also appear as s:ArrayCollection without
> >> having to duplicate code.  So I think you can just skip trying to
> >>compile
> >> anything with lookupOnly.
> >>

> >"you can just skip" ... Me? This is Falcon and SDK code. I wouldn't dream
> >of touching it ...
> I’m not familiar with the code you are writing.  I have no idea what
> differences there are between what you are trying to do and the code you
> are running vs what the functional test that has Falcon compile every SDK
> SWC is.  The latter seems to be working.

This is not touched by the code I'm writing. This is what the compiler
(Falcon) puts out when I feed it the entire SDK (with the arguments as
listed in "FlexSKDToJS.sh").

So that means to me that there is something in your setup that is causing
> Falcon to care about those manifest entries.  I see there is a
> Configuration option about lookupOnly.  Not sure if it will make a
> difference or if your setup is defaulting to a different value for it, or
> maybe in the logic Falcon is using to choose source to compile, your code
> has to tell it to skip those units.

This doesn't touch my code, not by a long shot. If I feed FalconJX the
arguments as listed in "FlexSKDToJS.sh", Falcon cannot even begin
compilation (production of the AST), it just quits when it tries to figure
out which compilation units it should visit.

As this concerns the SDK (the Spark project, kinda central ;-)) and Falcon
(not FalconJX) I was hoping that someone recognised the 'MiniDebugTarget'
reference and would know why it is still referenced by current SDKs, when
the code for it was last seen in SDK v. 3.6?

Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295