flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [TTH] on the "international English" issue
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 10:57:54 GMT
Hi,

> Nowhere in the bylaws (that I can find) does it say that spelling
> issues in documentation are release blockers.

!00% correct and I'm against it.

> If someone said they should be, that would be an opinion.

Also correct , but:
a) With the new no RC process, (which IMO basically require consensus to release) that means
you can't even call a vote if someone objects to the current nightly.
b) With the minimal number of people who vote usually means a single -1 is usually enough
to stop anything, even if that is for trivial reasons.
c) A single -1 vote also usually stops a release as no one else tends to vote once that happens.

> checked and that wouldn't amount to a veto for a release.

Also correct releases can't be vetoed (but see above).

Thanks,
Justin