flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Localization Proposal (was re: International English)
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 09:00:25 GMT
I did not understand Alex’s suggestion as changing the status quo.

The default language is currently US English. UI-facing components are already localized.
That would all stay the same.

The only suggestion would be to make a (reasonable) effort to use neutral words when possible
and possibly offer localized docs, dev tools, and website.

This seems like a reasonable compromise. No one would be obligated to have anything to do
with the localization effort. Personally, I don’t really see it happening, but if people
step forward to work on translation I have no problem with that.