flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] TourDeFlex 1.2 RC1
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2014 08:23:25 GMT
Hi,

>> Sorry, looks like I missed that.  I assume you meant to point to
>> Wikipedia?  Why is it in NOTICE and not in LICENSE?  The content looks
>> like it is CC-BY-SA which is Category A

Which may still require changes to the NOTICE file and not just from information in other
NOTICE files.

> Actually, I looked and it is in LICENSE.  Did we need this section in
> NOTICE at all?

I believe so for the attribution. [1] says NOTICE may need to change. [2] states that:
"Many of these licenses have specific attribution terms that need to be adhered to, for example
CC-A, often by adding them to the NOTICE file."

I don't think I managed to find any other info on what to do with CC-A licenses. So not having
it NOTICE is most likely a licensing error, but having in the NOTICE file is most likely correct
and at worse extra info could be removed if we discover clearer legal information at a later
point.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa