flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: International English
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2014 07:33:25 GMT
Hi,

> Proof or it didn't happen.

In one case we had a client refuse to release Flex Application because of the word "initilizing'
in the loading bar (this issue was in an early version of Flex and has fixed in a later version
of Flex). The client was a large newspaper in Australia and knew they would get complaints
about non Australian English. What exactly would you require as proof?

> If some, or even one, of these "numerous people" can chime in on this discussion

Users are unlikely to chime in on this discussion as it's the dev list, the devs I might be
able to track some down, but we're talking over 10 years I been working on Flex here and many
conversations would of been several years ago.

A google search will show some people that think it was an issue and that the conversation
can get quite heated - let not go down that path.  JIRA cantaing a number of issues along
these lines in JIRA eg [1][2]

We're talking minor changes here slowly over time and not a major retrofit.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-23556
2. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-15074