flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Jenkins builds and general structure of FlexJS/Falcon related project
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 16:29:34 GMT

today I worked on getting the Flex builds working on builds.apache.org.

I changed the test runner in falcon to start the flashplayer with a timeout (currently set
to 20 seconds as I asked someone of Infra to check what the flashplayer is complaining about
... but will set that back to 1 or 2 seconds as soon as that's done). Currently the entire
tests had a timeout of 5 minutes after which the build just failled. I think this way individual
tests will fail and we'll have the opportunity to check if any tests after that hanging one
would pass.

Second thing was that the flashplayer on builds.apache.org doesn't seem to be configured to
dump the flashlog.txt, so I adjusted the build script only to copy this, if it exists.

Now to my actual problem:

I did get quite some of them running. But FlexJS is causing me a little headache.

The problem is the build structure of the project in general.

It contains Falcon as well as FlexJS, unfortunately FlexJS' tests need ASJS, which in turn
needs Falcon.

So we have sort of a "A --> B --> A" situation here.

Is there any reason why we can't split up Falcon, FalconJX, FlexJS and VF2JS into 4 modules?
Actually splitting up into Falcon and FalconJX should be enough, but I would really like to
vote for completely separating FlexJS and VF2JS cause this could help find the placed where
both are sharing static variables which is causing quite some pain for me in Flexmojos (The
two buggers keep on overwriting their configs) ;-)

If all were split up, we could create a build pipeline like this:

- build flex-sdk

- build falcon

- build asjs

- build falconjx

?Each would be a separate project for which jenkins is configured to execute in exactly this

What do you think?