flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: [FlexJS] First successful build of a FlexJS application using Flexmojos
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 21:13:42 GMT

Actually I did create that tag ... wonder why it wasn't transferred to the Apache Git ...
do Tags not get pushed automatically?

As we did a little tweaking of the poms after the vote was initiated and the artifacts were
published to the staging repo, I would suggest to release the staged ones and use the optimized
pom for the next release. I guess we can use things we learned in the other Maven based projects
and do things better next time. After all the changes don't change anything in the library
and not during a release, but how It's built on the CI server.

Von: Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. November 2014 19:24
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [FlexJS] First successful build of a FlexJS application using Flexmojos

>  IMO, I’d just make sure the tag is in Git and ship what we have voted on.

As git tag are mutable strictly the original vote should have the commit that was voted on.
This has come up on the incubator many times in recent months, although in this case it's
reasonably obvious even without the git tag or commit hash. However having what was released
tagged is required.

RE "ship what we have", even if the RM thinks it OK to ship with those issues (and that up
to them unless there a few more +0 or -1 votes) we still have to wait for 72 hours, the voting
time wasn't specified so 72 hours is the default [1] (see voting timeframes) and someone else
(who's more familiar with maven) may find another issue. Also existing PMC members who didn't
see those issues may want to change their vote. For a first release I certainly wouldn't expect
anything under 72 hours - even if it is this simple.

View raw message