flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject [DISCUSS] Releasing BlazsDS?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:28:52 GMT
Hi guys,

I needed something practical for a change, thats why I investigated the problems in the BlazeDS

It turned out to be a timing problem in starting the dummy server and trying to connect to
that. This only seems to have an effect on Linux based systems (Linux/Mac). Now the testsuite
is green on the Apache Jenkins and I think we should be ready to do a release.

Now I would like to ask you guys if there is anything preventing us from releasing BlazeDS
... I know the old releases of BlazeDS contained some turnkey appliances, but couldn't we
release these separately? After all Adobe must have given up on these anyway as they haven't
maintained their builds for a pretty long time and the only place they were working on seems
to have been the Maven-built core. Getting these appliances in a releasable state seems pretty
tricky. Actually I would vote to re-write these instead of trying to get the old junk running
again. I know there seem to be some people actually using the applicances, but to me it's
sort of like building on online shop on top of the PetShop demo application in the JDK. I
always thought of it as a demo. At least it's not anything that should be preventing us from

If we were able to release BlazeDS (core) we could finally remove one of those problematic
dependencies from the installer.