flex-dev mailing list archives

From Neverbirth <neverbi...@gmail.com>
Subject IconItemRenderer problem
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2014 14:44:04 GMT
Found out a problem that happens (AFAIK) only when deriving from
IconItemRenderer or basing your curstom renderer on it.

When the BitmapImage owns the DisplayObject and it's of type
ISharedDisplayObject, its redrawRequested property will never be true and
bitmapImage.validateDisplayList() will never be called, making the object
not always visible, and it may bring some other problems as well. The
solution I implemented in custom renderer was using the same method of
Group:

As I said, I think this won't happen on stock IonItemRenderer, but haven't
confirmed it.