flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: To FlexJS or not to FlexJS
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2014 20:23:00 GMT
I finished the talk. Very interesting stuff! I never realized you can use TypeScript on Mac.
FlexJS has a lot of the advantages of his setup. I’d love to make it work… ;-)

He did not mention how extensive the text engine is. Supporting style spans and multi-line
text is much more complex than handling single text spans. I wonder if he tackled that.

On Nov 2, 2014, at 2:24 PM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> I’d never seen that talk before. I just watched about a third of it, and it’s really
interesting. I’ll finish it later…
> Thanks!
> Harbs
>> One approach uses EaselJS with TypeScript and they pretty much wrote the
>> entire front end text engine from scratch.  They use InDesign in the
>> backend.  There was a presentation by Ted Patrick at the 360Flex conference
>> this year on this exact topic[2]  And he says this engine would be open
>> sourced soon [3]

View raw message