flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: New Release Process (was: [DISCUSSION] TourDeFlex 1.2 RC 0)
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2014 07:06:03 GMT
Hi,

> I expected the next step is that you put up a release candidate and open a
> [DISCUSS] thread, but not a [VOTE] thread.

Fair enough. I have opens a discuss thread but had very little response. Given we had a discussion
open for over a week and no major issues have been found what do you recommend?

>  If issues are found during the discussion phase, you can just drop a new package over
the old package.

-1 to this as this will cause all sort of confusion to exactly what version an issue was in
or what version people tested and this could more RCs rounds not less and a lot more work
for the release manager.  There are also issues with caching so that people may think they
are testing the latest version but are actually testing an older one. It's not a large amount
of effort to number them as rc0, rc1 etc etc but not call a vote until the later rcs and there
appears to be no outstanding issues.

> For TDF, because it is an “app”, if you want more feedback, it might be
> reasonable to post a deployed version of TDF somewhere like your personal
> folder

OK.

Thanks,
Justin