flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject How to handle the groupIds of the default and falcon compiler
Date Sat, 04 Oct 2014 16:09:50 GMT
Hi guys,

sorry for all the flexmojos & maven spam recently, but I'm trying to get some things finished

Usually we had all the compiler artifacts deployed with the group-id "org.apache.flex:compiler"
and all oft he artifacts it needed were in "org.apache.flex.compiler:xxx" (The root artifact
had a groupId without the "compiler" at the end)

Now at first I had Falcon generated to the same group id, but had the root-object be "org.apache.flex.compiler:falcon-compiler"

To me it sort of doesn't feel quite right and I would like to sort this out. So I have different

1.       I leave the old structure unchanged, and deploy falcon to "org.apache.flex:falcon-compiler"
and all it's dependencies to "org.apache.flex.falcon-compiler:xxx"

2.       I change the pom-artifact for the old compiler to "org.apache.flex.compiler:compiler",
leave the rest unchanged and deploy falcon to "org.apache.flex.compiler:falcon-compiler"

3.       Some other idea one of you might come up with :)

So what do you think?

Another thing I will probalby change in the mavenizer is not to generate a pom-typed compiler
artifact, but to have the jar containing the compiler become the root and I add all the dependencies
tot hat.

So I hope I didn't confuse you ... don't want to decide stuff like this on my own.