flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delete text operation and para terminators
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2014 08:16:37 GMT
Some more research shows that the non-replacement is normal. The paragraph is then supposed
to be merged, but that failed because there was a terminator span. The terminator span got
generated due to a change I made in ensureTerminatorAfterReplace(). Of course, reverting my
change causes a runtime error in splitting paragraphs… :-(

I’ve taken to handling terminator spans as special cases when necessary. I might do that
here as well…

On Oct 5, 2014, at 10:52 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I think the terminator is regenerating itself.
>
> That’s not precise. The problem is actually in SpanElement.replaceText() where the
relativeEndPosition is reduced for terminators so nothing is actually deleted…

> A tiny bit of commenting in the code how terminators are supposed to work would have
made my life a whole lot easier… :-(

> On Oct 5, 2014, at 10:45 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The handling of paragraph terminators in TLF is proving to be a huge PITA… I can’t
tell you how many hours I have spent tracking down odd issues related to tracking terminators.
The whole concept that paragraph terminators are not “real” content is convoluted to start
with. Couldn’t this have been designed a bit better?

>> Currently I have the following problem.
>>
>> When a paragraph terminator is deleted, I’m having an issue where nothing happens.
I tracked the problem down to TextFlowEdit.deleteRangeInternal(). I think the terminator is
regenerating itself. The thing is, I’m not sure what I changed about the code that’s making
this happen.

>> Does anyone have a clue what’s supposed to happen when deleting a paragraph terminator?
How is the merge with the next paragraph supposed to happen?