flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Download Analytics (was Re: Very high FlexJS installer error rate (98+%))
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2014 03:57:30 GMT
Sorry, hit some key that resulted in a “send”.  The answer is:

From: Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, October 20, 2014 at 5:40 PM
To: Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com>
Cc: "Mattmann, Chris A (3980)" <chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov>, sebb
<sebbaz@gmail.com>, Tim Williams <williamstw@gmail.com>, Apache
Infrastructure <infrastructure@apache.org>
Subject: Re: download stats

The Drill download page has a google Analytics insert on it.  I think that
will hook the clicks that link to the CGI.

Also, the middle link for "Direct File Download" is to a CDN which has
full analytics.

Thus, the download page itself captures clicks and we assume that the
probability of successful download is equal for all channels.  That lets
us use the CDN download to extrapolate the number of successful downloads
via the mirrors.

-Alex