flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Very high FlexJS installer error rate (98+%)
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2014 06:44:29 GMT
First off, good luck with your presentation!  I wish I could be there to
cheer you on.

On 10/19/14, 11:19 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 11:07 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com>
>> > Also, relevant, I installed FlexJS 0.0.2 and FlexJS nightly in the
>> few
>> > days and it has worked without errors everytime.
>> I assume this wasn't with the installer? And if so did you have caching
>> turned on?
>It was using the Installer.  No caching, was not turned on.
I just tried it myself and it failed.  What version of AIR are you
running?  Maybe there is something about your AIR setup that is providing
different headers to SourceForge so you get the right response.

I just thought of a possible fix.  I think I can take the FlexJS 0.0.2
binaries and inject Jburg into them and post them on dist or somewhere
without a vote.  In theory, if Jburg is in the right place after the
unzip/untar, the script will not try to download it.  It turns out as I
was looking into this that I discovered that Jburg is under CPL so it is
Category B so we should be making folks accept the license for it in the
installer.  I would add that license step as well by modifying the

View raw message