flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Adding Flex Unit to installer
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 07:10:43 GMT
Trying to get back to one thread...

On 10/9/14, 11:43 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Which would have minimal impact on them, Flex Unit doesn't (as far a sI
>know) really have any install steps as such it just download, check md5,
>and unpack. For the stand alone install is doesn't need an install
>script, for the integrated into the SDK install it requires one. Linux
>users are not least out and can still use ant if they want.
I¹m still confused.  If you change the installer to offer FlexUnit as an
optional step, how will we offer the same option to Linux users?

>>I think Justin is suggesting that we store more of the installer
>>intelligence on the server.

>Yes currently it spread out between 3 xml files, and given we depend
>on things who location could change and gives us a more flexibility
>in changing how previous versions  are installed.

Are the three files you are referencing sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml,
apache-flex-sdk-installer-config.xml and installer.xml?  The first two are
already separated out.  Installer.xml could be broken out, but a copy
should probably be packaged in the zip/tar so that Linux users don¹t have
to download two things in order to run their ant install, but then you are
back to not being able to tweak things for the Linux folks.

View raw message