flex-dev mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Very high FlexJS installer error rate (98+%)
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:17:44 GMT
On Oct 20, 2014 2:36 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> > Wait for 72 hours?
> Why we say a vote should be open for a minimal of 72 hours [1] (see under
expressing votes)  [2] (under vote timeframes) so we can give people in
different timezone a chance to test and provide feedback, it's actually not
required (AFAIK) by Apache policy. It may be acceptable in this case to
have a shorter time frame  given the minimal changes required if the vote
says it needs 3 +1s to release and if more -1 than +1s come in later (which
is unlikely) the released files will be removed from dist.
> It does however take 24 hours or thereabouts for the mirrors to catch up
and this has also been a know issue for several weeks and wasn't seen as
important enough to address,

I don't think it was broken for several weeks.  I was able install 0.0.2 up
until around 2 weeks ago.

ie it been broken for a while so a few more days is probably not going to
matter hugely in the scheme of things