flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Adding support for FlexJS & FlexJX to Flexmojos
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2014 19:58:14 GMT
Hi Erik,

thanks for the details ;-)

But all is happening in the flex-falcon project. Am I correct?
Here I already created maven artifacts from the "compiler" module, which seems to be Falcon
itself.
Then there are compiler.js and compiler.jx both seem to contain a org.apache.flex.compiler.clients.MXMLJSC
I coudln't find any FlexJS JS or AS or whatsoever libraries.

It is my goal to have maven artifacts on any libraries bundled in a way that there is no need
for any overlaying or other trickery.

But I still need a little help with getting up to speed with everything :-)

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Erik de Bruin [mailto:erik@ixsoftware.nl]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 26. Oktober 2014 18:31
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Adding support for FlexJS & FlexJX to Flexmojos

Just to make this conversation a bit clearer: there is no FlexJS jar. The Java part of FlexJS
- which is the cross compiler - is named FalconJX.

FlexJS is the combination of FalconJX, the AS SDK, the JS SDK as well as the Google Closure
Compiler, which is an external dependency. In addition to these parts, FlexJS needs to be
installed as an overlay of a regular Flex SDK, which in turn is kinda ‘stripped and rebuild’
to accommodate the various FlexJS parts. Finally the whole process is tied together and made
accessible for the end user by offering a few .launch files to be used with Flash Builder.

Maybe Alex can explain this a bit better, he is the lead architect of FlexJS. I just keep
busy hacking FalconJX to get VF2JS (my own hobby alternative to FlexJS) off the ground.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27