flex-dev mailing list archives

From f...@dfguy.us
Subject Re: Improvement of mobile scrollings
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 14:39:31 GMT
That's great! I recall hearing a lot of times that the scrolling list "proved" that the mobile
performance was bad. I always just figured that using a starling based list would do the trick
but this is a great detail!

-----Original Message-----
From: after24 <vincent@after24.net>
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Sent: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 7:17 AM
Subject: Re: Improvement of mobile scrollings

Hi David,

In fact the changes of the value doesn't affect the absolute performance of
the scrolling but it removes a very limiting factor during the drag of the
content of a scroller.

Combined with a high framerate (60 fps) and a stage quality set to low
during "critical animations" I managed to get near native performance on a
Nexus 4.