flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Very high FlexJS installer error rate (98+%)
Date Mon, 20 Oct 2014 21:35:28 GMT
Hi,

> Wait for 72 hours?

Why we say a vote should be open for a minimal of 72 hours [1] (see under expressing votes)
 [2] (under vote timeframes) so we can give people in different timezone a chance to test
and provide feedback, it's actually not required (AFAIK) by Apache policy. It may be acceptable
in this case to have a shorter time frame  given the minimal changes required if the vote
says it needs 3 +1s to release and if more -1 than +1s come in later (which is unlikely) the
released files will be removed from dist.

It does however take 24 hours or thereabouts for the mirrors to catch up and this has also
been a know issue for several weeks and wasn't seen as important enough to address, ie it
been broken for a while so a few more days is probably not going to matter hugely in the scheme
of things.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html