flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: How to handle the groupIds of the default and falcon compiler
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2014 15:14:03 GMT
After adding the maven tasks to falcon, I started adding the same to the sdk itself.
Guess I'll start adding the deployment of the compiler artifacts and then continue with the
framework.
I think manually constructing and deploying the artifacts will give us a lot more control
over what's done and how everything is structured. Having to specialize the mavenizer more
and more sort of doesn't feel right.

Chris

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Christofer Dutz [mailto:christofer.dutz@c-ware.de]
Gesendet: Samstag, 4. Oktober 2014 21:03
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: AW: How to handle the groupIds of the default and falcon compiler

No ... not exactly.

Currently the org.apache.flex:compiler artifact is of type "pom" and hereby doesn't have any
library behind it. All it does is to transitively pull in all the jars in the lib dir of the
FDK. In Falcon there is actually only one jar containing the entire compiler so I created
it as a "jar" artifact with dependencies. After finding out that all the other jars don't
make sense in a maven environment as they are empty with a simple METAINF file pointing to
a class in the main jar. So eventually with the old compiler this is similar and I would adjust
the generated poms accordingly. This would however introduce something people allready using
Flex in Flexmojos would have to change. But thinking about it ... we haven't released anything
yet so it's not yet really official. I thing tweaking a little is absolutely legitimate.

Chris