flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: installer script MD5 issue
Date Sat, 11 Oct 2014 22:08:34 GMT
Hi,

> Well yes.  You go to our site to download the binary tar.gz or zip.  You
> should verify it yourself, but if you donĀ¹t, if you can unzip/untar it and
> find an installer.xml file, it pretty much has to be ok.

So basically the upshot of this is installer.xml can't contain a MD5 check on the package
it is for.

This has several consequences:
-  Linux user must check it themselves
- We're currently not able to add optionals items to the installer without changing the installers
code to do a MD5 check on the optional package

May have to come up with another way of adding FlexUnit etc as an optional download to the
SDK.

Thanks,
Justin