flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Adding Flex Unit to installer
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 07:40:08 GMT
Hi,

> I¹m still confused.  If you change the installer to offer FlexUnit as an
> optional step, how will we offer the same option to Linux users?

If it an optional step you will need an installer script right? Linux user can use that if
they really want OR they can just download and unzip in the normal way.

> but then you are back to not being able to tweak things for the Linux folks.

Perhaps have installer.xml check if it up to date and if not replace itself? Given there's
alternative way to install I don;t see it as a big issue. Of course what Linux users really
want to the SDK package up as a Linux package.

Justin