flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Adding Flex Unit to installer
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 06:43:36 GMT

> Are you suggesting that we change the install experience for 4.13.0 and
> older releases?

Yes I can see users wanting to install Flex Unit (or Tour De Flex) as an optional install
while installing the SDK.

> One advantage of having all of the steps in the ant script is that our Linux users (and
anybody else who doesn¹t or can¹t run
> AIR) get a rough command-line equivalent.

Which would have minimal impact on them, Flex Unit doesn't (as far a sI know) really have
any install steps as such it just download, check md5, and unpack. For the stand alone install
is doesn't need an install script, for the integrated into the SDK install it requires one.
Linux users are not least out and can still use ant if they want.

> I think what you want to do is just chain a few installs together as in
> ³Hey, you¹ve installed A, would you be interested in installing B² or do
> you envision something more tightly integrated?

More integrated as it would show up as an optional component in the installer for the SDK.

View raw message