flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Generic FlexTool interface
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 11:24:04 GMT
Well the compiler parts in the official SDK, falcon and Flexmojos would use this jar and there
would be changes involved, but no change that would change any existing logic. I would simply
add an "implements FlexTool" and add implementations for the tree methods, two of which simply
return constants and one that proxys to the correct main method.

Here an example of the changes for Falcons MXMLC:

public class MXMLC implements FlexTool
{

    @Override
    public String getToolName() {
        return "MXMLC";
    }

    @Override
    public String getToolGroupName() {
        return "Falcon";
    }

    @Override
    public int executeTool(String[] args) {
        return mainNoExit(args);
    }

As we haven't really released an official fully useable version of Falcon, I would opt for
adding this to Falcon and not supporting any previous version. For the official SDK I would
make Flexmojos check if the interface is implemented - if it is, it uses it, if it's not it
uses the old reflection code. So it would be an upgrade for upcomming versions but not break
anything with older ones.

Chris