flex-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Convenience Binary Policy
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:57:21 GMT
The problem was not with the dependency per se. It was with getting JBurg onto the user’s

If the installer was not “officially Apache”, we would not have needed any of the discussion
we had. We could have simply fixed things on Github and gone on with life. I’m looking to
help make things simpler and leave less issues open to complicate the release process. The
less bureaucracy required, the better in my book.

This all seems very much in line with the official Apache policy that only source is a release
anyway. Since Apache doesn’t want responsibility for installers and everything related (i.e.
binary dependencies etc.), the simplest solution is to keep that separation.

On Oct 23, 2014, at 4:47 PM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> So can you explain why you want to move the installer out of Apache? It's FlexJS that
has the dependancy on JBerg not the installer. The installer didn't have to be modified to
"correct" the FlexJS / JBerg issue.