flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Probjem with incompatable Guava versions in Falcon
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2014 14:31:02 GMT
Hi,

so I think I'm almost finished with adding Falcon support to Flexmojos. After being able to
resolve all issues that I have come across, this one seems to be a blocker :-(

Falcon uses Guava ... Maven uses Guava too. Unfortunately the version Maven uses differs from
the one Falcon uses. Especially one class (Eventually more than this) is causing trouble.

In the version Falcon is using the signature of "com.google.common.cache.CacheBuilder.build"
is (guava.jar):

public <K1 extends K, V1 extends V> LoadingCache<K1, V1> build(CacheLoader<?
super K1, V1> loader) {

in that of Maven it's (sisu-guava-0.9.9):

public <K1 extends K, V1 extends V> Cache<K1, V1> build(CacheLoader<? super
K1, V1> loader) {

It seems that LoadingCache extends Cache so depending on Cache instead of LoadingCache would
be an option, unfortunately the one method used throughout the code is "getUnchecked" but
this is native to LoadingCache so it doesn't seem to be an option.

The problem ist hat Maven comes with guava ... the first maven version probably able to support
a Flexmojos Build with Falcon will be 3.1.1 as this is the first version I found with guava
11 bundled, which seems to be the version the signature of the build-method changed.

Would it be difficult to change Falcon to be compatable with earlier versions of Maven?

Chris