flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] IUIBase.js has no methods
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:29:24 GMT

On 9/17/14 10:50 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 9:58 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> You sure you won't need more of IUIBase like x,y,w,h?
>>

>On the AS side, flash.display.Shape would have those properties.  On the
>HTML/JS side, the x,y,w,h are part of the shape's description drawn in the
>parent SVG's co-ordinate space.
>There might be scenarios where we'll need x,y,w,h.
>
>What is the lightest implementation of IUIBase that I can use?
Create your own base class that extends IUIBase.

>  I am trying
>to avoid extending UIBase.  Or, am I worrying too much about how heavy it
>is?
Well, UIBase is likely to be in every app.  Currently it is about 80 bytes
per instance on top of its base class.  On the AS side, that is Sprite.
The question is: is it running code you don't need?  I would think on the
AS-side, you don't need Sprite under the hood.

-Alex