flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Squiggly 1.0 release candidate 0
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 05:34:08 GMT
It still isn't clear to me.  I asked for more clarification.  Here are two
parts of the last reply on legal-discuss:

"If you want just a spell-checker package, then that is fine. You just
can't produce something that requires Category X (whether build or run

First he says we can have a package, but then says we can't if it requires
Category X, which for practical purposes, this RC does.

"Justin: to answer your question: I would expect the English spell-checker
to be available under ASF/permissive licensing. The primary language of
the product community is English, and so I would expect that to be
available. If not... then it doesn't seem like a permissively-licensed

I don't think this is the case, so I think he's saying we can't release it
unless we could find or create an english dictionary that isn't category X.

On 8/31/14 10:19 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>So given the reply on legal would now agree we can release as a separate
>package and we can move forward with the vote on the RC?

View raw message