flex-dev mailing list archives

From OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Should charts use Fill and Stroke
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2014 18:24:10 GMT
On Sep 13, 2014 3:42 AM, "Peter Ent" <pent@adobe.com> wrote:
> Right now the chart package uses simple uint properties for fills and
line strokes. I'm wondering if the charts should use IFill and IStroke now.

I added those interfaces in preparation for the linear and radial gradient
fills that I will be working on next.  There is a decent chance that I will
make some changes to the APIs.  If your are okay with that uncertainty,
please go ahead and start using them in the charts package.  It will be
useful for me to know if I need to do something else to provide more robust
support for the charts user case.

> Btw: using the core.graphics package makes a huge difference to the chart
package and to me, because it makes things a lot easier.

I am very happy to hear that :-)