flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Squiggly 1.0 release candidate 0
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2014 04:35:24 GMT
Hi,

> My understanding of the legal-discuss thread is that we cannot.

My understanding is that  we can.

Given other projects have done similar things with Hunspell lets move forward with the release
and if and when Legal come back with a clear decision we can (if required) fix any issues
they identify. We are not including any LGPL code or are we forcing users to download LGPL
code.

>  We have to bundle the code in some other release like the Flex SDK where it
> Squiggly's capabilities can be seen as an optional feature.

Squiggky is an optional feature and we can release it on it own. I see no need to complicate
matters and package it in the SDK and in fact that may cause other (legal and otherwise) issues.

Thanks,
Justin