flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [FlexJS] Drawing API
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 23:13:01 GMT

> I want to include the svgweb version since they have made all the
> modifications that I want and hence easily plugs into the Path api.

Probably what should of happened was text added to their NOTICE file when the header was changed
and then we would of carried that over to our NOTICE file. But given the move was from one
permissive license to another I'm not sure that's even required. But as there's no NOTICE
file there no need to do anything.

Under the terms of the Apache licence you can include that code with no changes to LICENSE
or NOTICE. IMO it wouldn't hurt and may be helpful to ask permission, or list where the code
came form in another file, or add the original author to the CONTRIBUTORS file or similar.
Knowing what software has been bundled, where it came from and what version it was is always
good to know.

View raw message