flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Glenn Willianms" <i...@tinylion.co.uk>
Subject RE: Squiggly not working
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2014 05:57:06 GMT
The files in spelling.framework.ui seem to be new versions of the same files
in spelling.ui?

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Harui [mailto:aharui@adobe.com] 
Sent: 06 September 2014 05:52
To: dev@flex.apache.org
Subject: Re: Squiggly not working



On 9/5/14 6:33 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I took a closer look and this may be an issue - a few of the Squiggly 
>code swcs are smaller than the Adobe ones.
>
>The Adobe download doesn't include code so it's a bit hard to tell what 
>may be missing. Alex were any source files omitted from the 
>ActionScript directories the donation or not checked in from Adobe?
I did a little digging.  It looks like the main/build.xml is not set up to
reproduce the Adobe swcs.  IIRC, Squiggly was in beta and undergoing active
development for a while after the Adobe bits were posted, so it might be
that they were playing around with their packaging and we got something that
wasn't meant to be the same.

There appears to be one thing that almost has to be a bug, and that is what
the OP found, but the rest of the differences may just be different
packaging.

IMO, the bug is that the SpellingUIEx build makes SpellingUI an external
lib, and the problem is that there is a SpellUI in each library.  The Adobe
version of SpellingUIEx also appears to have classes from AdobeLinguistics
duplicated inside the SWC, but the build script says that
ApacheFlexLinguisticUtils is external, so either some classes in
com.adobe.linguistics shouldn't be in ApacheFlexLinguisticUtils or
ApacheFlexLinguisticUtils shouldn't be external.

I didn't see any files in my main that isn't in Git so I don't think we're
seeing that problem this time.  I think the build script needs at least that
one tweak.

-Alex


Mime
View raw message