flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Automating md5 checks
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 21:53:17 GMT

On 8/14/14 2:24 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>My understanding is that you are manually updating the installer config
>with a new md5 value each time the artifact changes, is that correct?  By
>letting the Jenkins job compute the checksum for the artifact, you dont
>have to manually change the config file everytime.
>
>You can still employ your technique of looking at last modified date.  My
>suggestion does not require you to change that logic.
>
>Yes, it is a one time change to the Installer itself, but after that
>change
>you dont have to wait for the MD5 check to break, hopefully someone
>reports
>it us and we having to change the installer config.
I still don't get it.  The installer.xml that shipped with Flex 4.13.0 is
looking up the md5 in sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml.  I don't see any way
to prevent it from doing so.

The job currently runs once a day, but we could run it hourly.  I think we
could try to have the job update the sdk-installer-config-4.0.xml
automatically if we're brave enough to let it do so.  But the main reason
someone found the issue was that the job did not run because the jenkins
slave broke down.  However, even if we do automatic hourly updates we'll
be open to someone not being able to install for 59 minutes if we have bad
timing.

-Alex