flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Automating md5 checks
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 21:04:32 GMT
Still not understanding.  How would that be less work and require a new
installer scripts?  The current SDK and FlexJS scripts are going to look
in the config file.

Also note that, to reduce bandwidth, this job stores an identifier from
the server response headers such as the last modified date.  That way the
job doesn't download these huge AIR SDKs over and over again unless they
report as changed.  Even if we created separate .md5 files, we still need
a place to track the identifiers.

On 8/14/14 1:55 PM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 1:10 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
>> On 8/14/14 11:08 AM, "OmPrakash Muppirala" <bigosmallm@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >Alex,
>> >
>> >I see that there is a job
>> >http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/MD5Checker/
>> >Are you using that to automatically check the MD5?
>> Yes
>> >
>> >If so, you can spit out the correct MD5 into a text file and make it
>> >available as part of the lastSuccessfulBuild/artifacts/out directory.
>> >can then access that file publicly with this url:
>> >
>> >d/artifact/out/md5.txt
>> >
>> >You can load this url in the Installer and verify the MD5 against the
>> >downloaded file.
>> >
>> >This way, you don't need to modify the installer config every time
>> >changes the bits.
>> I'm not understanding.  I don't see any mention of md5.txt in Installer
>> code base.
>That was an example file name.  You can write out the md5 checksum of the
>artifact to a file and load it from the url.
>> -Alex

View raw message