flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: 1000 installs of Apache Flex 4.13
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 05:32:25 GMT

On 7/31/14 10:02 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> Any trends to the errors?
>
>Yep:
>- windows get far more errors.
>- windows can't create temporary directory is most common (well would of
>been if Adobe hadn't password protected their open source site) - most
>likely due to permissions issues.
I just looked at the code.  It looks like the temp dir is created as a
subfolder of the directory you chose for the install so it is strange that
you don't have permissions unless folks are choosing directories in places
that they don't have permission.  Is this caused because someone is not an
admin on their computer?

>- Still seem to be getting a number of Flash player global MD5 misses.
>Would Adobe be doing A/B testing or something similar we're not aware of?
Always PlayerGlobal or are there as many AIR SDK misses as well?  I don't
think Adobe is changing them although they are on a CDN.  But the last
change was a days ago I think.

-Alex