flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: [POLL] Accept Radii8 Code Donation
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 22:19:38 GMT
Hi,

> When Judah fixes the tag, a zip of the tag will be pulled and he and/or I
> will prepare a zip for IP clearance.
OK.

> None of the Adobe donations were cleaned up in public prior to donation.
Which was done probably because of (perceived) legal or commercial reasons by Adobe. I don't
see any reasons that this process needed to be done in private for this donation and not involve
the wider community. Next time this should be at least discussed on the list first, if there
are reasons it shouldn't be made public it should be conducted on the private list.

> I think it is good enough shape that the incubator will not reject every
> file, and what is left will be a solid contribution.
From a quick glance there are several minor IP issues (some code of possibly unknown  origin
and a few icons of possible unknown origin/license), but without headers it hard to tell exactly
what else may be needed to check.

All legal issues aside, does the application actually compile and work? I notice one of the
recent changes was to black out all of the icons which probably makes it a little hard to
use.

Thanks,
Justin