flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: [DISCUSSION] Squiggly 1.0 release candidate 0
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2014 00:02:41 GMT
Glad that it's now working :-)

When running on the Apache Jenkins this automatically works.
That's why I wanted to run the nightly builds on that machine to allow auto-deploying of SNAPSHOT
versions.

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Justin Mclean [mailto:justin@classsoftware.com]
Gesendet: Sonntag, 31. August 2014 01:34
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [DISCUSSION] Squiggly 1.0 release candidate 0

Hi,

> ant -f maven.xml

Works for me now - thanks.

> Would start to deploy the SNAPSHOT artifacts to Apaches Snapshot repo.

I have given that a try:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/flex/squiggly/

Want to confirm everything looks good in there?

Given you need to add your credentials to an XML file is there a way to safely automate SNAPSHOTS
(ie equiv to nightly builds) I'm think down the track where a SNAPSHOP of the SDK may be useful
to some people. Do we manually have to make and deploy snapshots every day if we wanted it
to match the nightly build?

> When preparing a release-candidate you would set the "type" property to "RELEASE" and
it would use a release version and deploy to Apaches Staging repo.

By editing the line <property name="type" value="SNAPSHOT"/> in maven.xml right? And
you would need to do that before releasing the RC as we want these XML files to go into the
release right? (otherwise the md5s sig wouldn't match if you tried to replicate the build).
I note [1] says NOTICE and LICENSE files should be present in the META-INF directory within
the jar - are we doing that?

> Here they can be viewed and tested and as soon as all is ok and the release-candidate
passes it's vote.

How do you do that?  looks like you need to go to https://oss.sonatype.org and manually do
it? Is there another way?

Thanks,