flex-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: 1000 installs of Apache Flex 4.13
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 06:28:45 GMT
Perhaps we should be putting some effort in releasing blazeds cause this is one problematic
dependency we could eliminate.

Gesendet mit meinem HTC

----- Reply message -----
Von: "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com>
An: "dev@flex.apache.org" <dev@flex.apache.org>
Betreff: 1000 installs of Apache Flex 4.13
Datum: Fr., Aug. 1, 2014 07:03

> Any trends to the errors?

- windows get far more errors.
- windows can't create temporary directory is most common (well would of been if Adobe hadn't
password protected their open source site) - most likely due to permissions issues.
- windows network issues the next (ignoring Adobe's contribution).
- Still seem to be getting a number of Flash player global MD5 misses. Would Adobe be doing
A/B testing or something similar we're not aware of?
- Can see our change to get around Adobe's open source issue reduced the error rate considerably
- there a few error that seem more common in some locales than others (perhaps network related?),
but a bit more info may be required to be sure.