flex-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: RE : Falcon Antlr4 refactoring
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2014 17:36:09 GMT
No I haven't managed to actually have it running. I'm still working on the fine-tuning of the
build process. But I had tested the parsers and they seem to be working nicely. As soon as
I have JBurg working I can put all pieces together and then we'll see if it was worth the
effort. I really hoe it was as I think Falcon is a lot simpler this way and perhaps more people
will contribute (I have to admit that for me it was allways a black-box because of it's complexity
;-) )


-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: webdoublefx [mailto:webdoublefx@hotmail.com] 
Gesendet: Samstag, 2. August 2014 19:22
An: dev@flex.apache.org
Betreff: RE : Falcon Antlr4 refactoring

Sounds very promising, was you be able to run a swf built thru this new workflow already or
is it still too much in early stage at the moment ?

Envoyé depuis un mobile Samsung.

<div>-------- Message d'origine --------</div><div>De : Christofer Dutz
<christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> </div><div>Date :02/08/2014  7:16 PM  (GMT+01:00)
</div><div>A : "'dev@flex.apache.org'" <dev@flex.apache.org> </div><div>Objet
: Falcon Antlr4 refactoring </div><div> </div> Hi guys, I just wanted to
give you an update on my Antlr4-Falcon-Simplification I have been working on:

I have actually come quite far with my work on falcon. Unfortunately I had to put quite a
lot of work into JBurg first.

I created a maven plugin for JBurg and ajdusted JBurgs build tob e able to publish Maven artifacts.
The plugin allows us to let JBurg use whatever libs it needs without interfering with the
rest. Then I refactored JBurg to use stringtemplate 4. Then I had to migrate our Falcon JBurg
rules to JBurg 2.0 syntax. After that I updated Falcon to work with JBurgs DefaultAdapter
instead of our IASNodeAdapter and could hereby completely remove any dependency on the JBurg
libs. Now I still have to fine tune the templates as the CmcEmitter and CSSEmitter still have
some small problems.

I already have converted all grammars to Antlr4 and the generated parsers seem to be parsing
their input niceley :)

As soon as the BURM generation works, I'll continue directly building the Falcon AST in the
first Antlr4 parser run.

And as a result my version builds nicely with Maven ;-)


PS: All my comitted changes are in Falcons "falcon-antlr4" branch ... but you need my updates
to JBurg which tom will hopefully apply after I finished my work and sent him all of my changes.
Perhaps I'll have to help setup a sonatype account to which the artifacts can be published
and help publishing the 2.0 release as soon as he has finished it.
View raw message