flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Apache FlexJS 0.0.2 RC3
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 20:41:10 GMT
Hmm.  You don't need to overlay anything if you aren't using an IDE.
That's why we can run all these ant scripts.

To use an IDE, you need to overlay Falcon in order for the IDE to use
Falcon instead of MXMLC.  I've never tried to get FB to use FalconJX
instead of MXMLC.  It would probably be a chunk of work, mirroring the
work I did in flex-oem-compiler.jar.  In FlexJS today, FalconJX isn't
overlaid because it is launched from a launch config and in that case, you
should only need to launch the right MXMLJSC.jar and if all the other jars
are in the right place, it should just work.  For other IDEs, I believe
they launch MXMLC directly so you have a better chance of figuring out how
to point to MXMLJSC instead.  Maybe try renaming.

Now if FalconJX is set up correctly and is asked to link current Flex SDK
swcs, there could be errors like the one you reported.  I've never
bothered to try it since I've only been focused on getting FalconJX to
compile with the FlexJSUI.SWC.  This error looks like an issue with the
codegen for an embedded asset.  The FlexJSUI.SWC doesn't have embedded
assets since I don't think there is embedding on the JS side.  So I think
this may be just one of the many cross-compiling issues VJS will need to
address that FlexJS simply avoids.  It might be that you are in fact set
up correctly.

-Alex