flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Apache Flex SDK 4.13.0 RC3
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 06:28:52 GMT
Let's try breaking this down into steps.

1) Unpack src package.  Frameworks/flex-config.xml contains rsl entries
like
      <!-- Spark SWC-->
   	<runtime-shared-library-path>
		<path-element>libs/spark.swc</path-element>
		<rsl-url>spark_${build.number}.swf</rsl-url>
	</runtime-shared-library-path>

2) run ant.  The frameworks/flex-config.xml contains rsl entries like:

      <!-- Spark SWC-->
   	<runtime-shared-library-path>
		<path-element>libs/spark.swc</path-element>
		<rsl-url>spark_${build.number}.swf</rsl-url>
	</runtime-shared-library-path>

3) run ant frameworks-rsls.  The frameworks/flex-config.xml still contains
els entries like:

      <!-- Spark SWC-->
   	<runtime-shared-library-path>
		<path-element>libs/spark.swc</path-element>
		<rsl-url>spark_${build.number}.swf</rsl-url>
	</runtime-shared-library-path>

That doesn't seem right to me.  Seems like that target or some other
target should fix up the flex-config, no?

And then if that turns to 0 after you run that script then the problem is
in the script (which I think copies the flex-config from
ide/flashbuilder/config to frameworks/flex-config.xml

Either way, I don't see this as a showstopper because we've shipped like
this before and nobody has found it until now.  Let's get this release
out, and fix this stuff for the next release.

-Alex