flex-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Apache Flex SDK 4.13.0 RC3
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 06:32:21 GMT
What steps did you take to set up an SDK with the recommended scripts.
Did you unpack the source kit, run ant, then a particular script?  Or
unpack a binary kit?  Or did you run the script in a repo branch?

IMO, lib/afe.jar and lib/aglj40.jar shouldn't be in an SDK.  They should
be in lib/external/optional.  They are for the SDK I got via the
installer. Could the scripts be broken?

Anyway, at this point, I don't think this stuff needs to be fixed before
releasing.  Let's ship this one and move on.

On 7/2/14 9:48 PM, "Justin Mclean" <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>I notice there quite a bit of difference between resulting SDKs when
>installing with installer and  by the recommend scripts.
>After sorting out the noise - an SDK produced by the installer is missing:
>- Anything to do with producing asdocs this includes asdoc files in
>project sub directories
>- All build.xml, .actionScript, .flexLibProerties, .project and other
>build files
>- flash-integration
>- frameworks/themes Ice  Institutional Smoke Wooden
>- lib/afe.jar and lib/aglj40.jar
>- licenses in /lib/external/optional afe-LICENSE.htm,
>aglj40-LICENSE.htm, flex-fontkit-LICENSE.htm,
>flex-messaging-common-LICENSE.htm, rideau.jar-LICENSE.htm
>Some of this may because we're not bundling stuff into the binary, but
>others (afe.jar + aglj40.jar) look like an installer issue.
>Are we OK with all of this?

View raw message