flex-dev mailing list archives

From João Fernandes <joaopedromartinsfernan...@gmail.com>
Subject Different behavior between mx and spark
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 09:51:46 GMT
Hi, something that has bugging me is that skinnable components behave
differently from mx conter part when the object has enabled = false.
In MX all components still respond to mouseEvents while skinnable won't
because at the skinnableComponent level we have this

    override public function set enabled(value:Boolean):void
    {
        super.enabled = value;
        invalidateSkinState();

        // If enabled, reset the mouseChildren, mouseEnabled to the
previously
        // set explicit value, otherwise disable mouse interaction.
        super.mouseChildren = value ? _explicitMouseChildren : false;
        super.mouseEnabled  = value ? _explicitMouseEnabled  : false;
    }

I plan to implement a similar mx behavior but keeping the current behavior
as the default.

Before I start doing anything, is there any reason for this difference in
behavior?

--

João Fernandes