flex-dev mailing list archives

From João Fernandes <joaopedromartinsfernan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Different behavior between mx and spark
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 11:58:12 GMT
On 17 July 2014 12:43, DarkStone <darkstone@163.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> >I repeat, my plan is to keep the current behavior as the default, only if
> >you enable the new functionality trough a flag/style/whatever...
> Ok, I got your idea. Adding through a flag/style/whatever is doable, but
> from the perspective of the program design, it's not a very good idea.

Isn't this what happens to every single inherited behavior? Aren't
components created with this in mind? To provide multiple options on
case-by-case scenario?

> I mean today you may want to add this new behavior through a
> flag/style/whatever, and the other day you may want to add another
> behavior, then would you add another flag/style/whatever?

Again, why all components have multiple properties? Aren't those to
consider a behavior? Unfortunately this isn't FlexJS where this kind of
behaviors are split in different beads.

--

João Fernandes