flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Missing BlazeDS repo on the sources page
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2014 11:10:20 GMT
Hi,

> It seems to be a work in progress, not a release.
Agreed - that's why we shouldn't be making publicly available in the Apache repo.

> You raise valid points that certainly need to be addressed before a release
> is cut. But for now, we should be glad somebody is doing actual work that
> helps us get closer to a version that is NOT Adobe; we should help, rather
> than obstruct, his efforts.
With my PMC hat on. Legal issues are important. it looks like we may be publishing 3rd party
jars and all sort of other things that could get up into trouble, like for instance not having
a LICENSE file. Please let hold off publishing it for now until we can give it a good looking
over.

There's no need to publicly publish this to work out and fix what those issues are, none of
the issues I raised are a hinderance or obstruction to currently development.

> Maybe you can have a look at the LICENSE and NOTICE files that would be
> required, as that has become something of a specialty of yours?
Currently I don't have the spare time, but other people are welcome to do so. In fact I'd
prefer if someone else does it so they can gain experience at this task. I'm happy to help
out and review when I can.

Thanks,
Justin