flex-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flex SDK 4.13.0 still awaiting approval
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 05:08:51 GMT
Hi,

> Furthermore, adl is part of the AIR sdk and is not owned by Apache Flex,
> and not under Apache Flex source control.  It should not be in the source
> package nor should it end up in the bin folder after building.

Correct (and adl is not in the source package) but it is required for a working SDK. Just
because something compiles doesn't mean we should release it - it needs to work as well. :-)

> I appreciate your desire to look for problems, but please be careful
> before pulling the fire alarm.  There's been a lot of false alarms.

How exactly is this a false alarm? If you following the instructions in the README you end
up with an SDK that is unable to compile AIR or mobile applications. In my books that makes
it a regression issue.

Not even sure why this is being discussed further, it been confined by several people this
is an issue with the RC, either you think it is something we should fix before releasing and
thus should vote -1 on the release or you think we should fix later and release the RC now
and vote +1.

Thanks,
Justin