flex-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice Amsellem <maurice.amsel...@systar.com>
Subject RE: [POLL] Accept Radii8 Code Donation
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 08:20:02 GMT
Nice piece of work and clean UI.

I have some questions to Judah that I didn't ask when he first announced Radii8 some time
ago:

How is this going to be used in an "real" application development workflow ?

1) consider  I have created my first UI using Radii8 and exported the MXML code to Flex,
I will then probably manually add some custom code (bindings, inline scripts, etc...).
Then how do I get back to Radii8 to make a change ?

2) the component palette seem to include only a subset of Flex SDK components.
Some key components/containers are missing: From, FormItem, DataGrid, Panel ,TitleWindow,
And some components don't even exist (s:LinkButton ?)

Is there a plan to support them ?

3) what is the purpose of the HTML / Android export ? who is going to use it ?

Regards,

Maurice

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Justin Mclean [mailto:justin@classsoftware.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 17 juillet 2014 07:23
À : dev@flex.apache.org
Objet : Re: [POLL] Accept Radii8 Code Donation

Hi,

Looks good and a useful think to have.

A few questions - which probably only Judah can answer:
- Is Judah willing to fill in the paperwork to get the donation done? (We've had a least one
donation that's stuck in limbo because paperwork was not done.)
- Has he signed an ICLA? And I assume for something this large would require a software grant.
- Have there been any other contributors to the code?
- How was he employed when developing this? Does he or perhaps an employer own the rights
to the code?
- Once donated to Apache is he willing to continue working on and and/or support it?

Thanks,
Justin